Mr. Kovalov joined Magleby Cataxinos & Greenwood ("MCG") in March 2018, after practicing law and advising individuals and entities on a variety of complex legal issues including intellectual property, securities, cross-border transactions, and corporate law. Mr. Kovalov received his first law degree from the Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University in 2002, and obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law in 2016, where he successfully represented the University of Utah in the National Moot Court Competition.
Before joining MCG, Mr. Kovalov practiced in a variety of legal fields with a focus on dispute resolutions and commercial litigation, as well as advised clients on local and international law compliance and corporate matters. Mr. Kovalov has also participated in a number of humanitarian and non-profit projects including privately run legal clinics.
During his practice, Mr. Kovalov has obtained a number of favorable rulings for his clients in the United States and abroad, including a judgment for a Utah-based client in a breach of contract case, and a $2.5 million-dollar judgment obtained in a foreign jurisdiction.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- New York, 2012
- Utah, 2017
- The S.J. Quinney College of Law at The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- J.D. - 2016
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- LL.M. - 2009
- Taras Shevchenko Kiev National University
- Major: Specialist of Law
Past Employment Positions
- American Express, Compliance Analyst
- Yevgen Kovalov, Attorney at Law
- Hon. C.J. David Nuffer, Legal Intern
- Kirton & McConkie, Law Clerk
- Kyiv City Government Administration, Attorney
- AKB “Pravex-Bank,” Legal Advisor