- Of Counsel
Christine Greenwood's law practice focuses on civil and business litigation, including trade secret, unfair competition, contract, and partnership disputes. Ms. Greenwood has successfully obtained favorable summary judgment rulings for her clients, defeated contentious and complex motions for preliminary injunction, and successfully obtained preliminary injunctive relief and contempt rulings for violating such injunction orders. Ms. Greenwood has had numerous additional successes in pursuing business and commercial cases on behalf of her clients.
In addition to continuing her law practice on a part-time basis, Ms. Greenwood is currently working as the Chair of the Ethics and Discipline Committee of the Utah Supreme Court. She has previously served as a mentor for the Utah Supreme Court New Lawyer Training Program, volunteered as a guardian ad litem, and handled several matters for the Pro Bono Program of Utah Legal Services.
Ms. Greenwood is A/V rated by Martindale Hubble. She has repeatedly been included in the Mountain States Top 50 Women Lawyers and since 2008has consistently been listed in the Mountain States Super LawyersTM in the area of business litigation. She is also listed in Best Lawyers in America® and has been listed as one of Utah's "Legal Elite", as published in Utah Business Magazine.
Prior to joining MAGLEBY CATAXINOS & GREENWOOD, Ms. Greenwood served as a law clerk for Judge Monroe G. McKay on the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, worked for the Salt Lake City office of the national law firm of Holme, Roberts & Owen, and served as in-house counsel for a natural gas transmission pipeline company.
Ms. Greenwood obtained her J.D. from the University of Utah College of Law in 1998, where she was the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Law and Family Studies and a teaching assistant in legal writing and contract law. Ms. Greenwood received several awards for academic achievement, including awards for outstanding performance in antitrust, insurance law, legal writing and commercial document drafting.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Construction and Real Estate Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Internet Law
- Securities Litigation
- Trade Dress
- Trade Secrets
- Unfair Competition
- Utah, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Utah, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2003
- University of Utah College of Law, Salt Lake City, Utah
- J.D. – 1998
- Honors: William H. Leary Scholar, Top 13%
- Law Journal: Journal of Law & Family Studies, Editor-in-Chief, 1997 – 1998
- Reed College, Portland, Oregon
- B.A. – 1989
- Major: English
- Purple Innovation, LLC v. Honest Reviews, LLC, 2:17-CV-0138 (D. Utah)
- Snaprays, LLC v. Ontel Products Corp., 2:16-CV-0118 (D. Utah)
- Planned Parenthood Assoc. of Utah v. Herbert, 2:15-CV-693-CW (D. Utah), 15-4189 (10th Cir.)
- Derma Pen, LLC v. 4EverYoung Ltd., No. 2:13-CV-000729-DN (D. Utah)
- In re Derma Pen, LLC, No. 14-11894 (KJC) (Bankr. D. Del.)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ethics and Discipline Committee, Utah Supreme Court, Screening Panel Chair, 2005 to 2011
- YMCA of Greater Salt Lake, Member, Board of Directors, 2000 to 2002
- No More Homeless Pets in Utah, Member, Board of Directors, 2004 to 2006
- David K. Watkiss-Sutherland II Inn of Court, Member
- Utah Supreme Court New Layer Training Program, Mentor, Present
- Utah Rivers Council, Board of Directors
- Survey of State Class Action Law (Utah Chapter), Co-Author, A.B.A. Sec. Litig. (2001 & 2002 eds.).